The question remains as to whether the current technology of robot vacuum cleaner can replace the traditional vacuum in a home. There is no doubt that there are good quality robot vacuums in the market that do an effective job of cleaning your floors. However they cannot reach areas like curtains or upholstery, therefore many people will find that in order to keep your home sparkling clean a traditional vacuum cleaner with hose attachment is still a must-have.
However it is worth bearing in mind the time-saving potential that a Robot Vacuum Cleaner can bring to your life. Time is money, as they say. You can set up your robot to clean your home every day of the week if you like and they will efficiently go about their business saving you the hard work. People today are busier than ever and it is no surprise that these devices are proving so popular. Even saving an hour or two per week makes the cost of these devices stack up for many who struggle to find the time.
Families with working parents often hire a cleaner to do their vacuuming, however a Robot vacuum cleaner offers the potential to save money by removing one of the cleaner’s tasks. Over the course of a year this saving could pay for the cost of the Robot vacuum cleaner many times over for a large home.
What are the main things to look for in a Robot Vacuum Cleaner?
- Battery running & recharge times – look for lithium ion batteries which is the latest technology;
- HEPA filtration – to ensure that the majority of dust particles are fully captured and not released back into the air;
- Replacement parts that are easy to find—at least filters, but preferably brushes, batteries, and wheels. Third-party vacuum filters are more affordable than buying from the manufacturer. However, internal electronics should be bought direct from the manufacturer, so that you don’t risk voiding your warranty or damaging your robot.
- Virtual walls – to keep your robot out of particular locations in your home.
- Advanced scheduling features;
- Intelligent navigation systems – your robot should learn the layout of your home over time so that their efficiency improves.
A robot vacuum cleaner is a great addition to your home and provides you with more time to do the things you enjoy most – that is unless your thing is vacuuming! Robot vacuums are compact and will not take up too much additional space in your home and are a great addition to your home cleaning arsenal. They’re not quite advanced enough to replace your trusty upright or cylinder vacuum yet but our guess is it won’t be long until they can.